Sunday, August 21, 2011

Beauty Before The Storm....

I tend to pay a lot of attention to weather forecasts, cloud patterns and the like... yesterday there was a prediction of late day Sunday storms... in my experience, when there is a storm coming in there is typically a beautiful sunrise, bright and colorful and often more red than other days.  So I woke at 3:15, got myself showered and packed my gear.  By 4:10 I was in the car and on my way to Long Beach in Gloucester.  I had found out that Jupiter was supposed to be visible and wanted to see it before the moon set.  So, barefoot, I set out into the sand, backpack on with all my gear inside... and proceeded to take a long peaceful stroll under the incredibly beautiful moonlight, Jupiter visible in all its glory above me... the tide rolled in softly on my toes, the sea breeze blowed gently in the air... I strolled down the beach and back again in time for the first whispers of color to start streaking the sky.  As the moon began its descent the rainbow of color began on the horizon... My camera was ready on its tripod, my mood was tranquil... I was alone on the beach, witness to nature's beauty... the twin lights were beckoning and I began to shoot...


I was feeling soft and a little dreamy this morning and got lost in the beauty around me...

The sky was like a rainbow of color.  There is something so completely serene about this time of day, something so magical in the air when watching the world awaken...

The colors in the sky were ever-changing this morning.  I felt blessed to be treated to such beauty.



There was a cloud bank on the horizon and it dropped off exactly where the water ended, as if it was showcasing the sunrise in all its glory.


The guests at the Cape Ann Motor Inn are treated every day to the sun rising over the Twin Lights.


The sun emerged mysteriously through the clouds soon afterwards, a bright red ball in the sky, completing the show with finesse.


Not to be outdone, this seagull decided he needed a spotlight for his photo...


The red ball of the sun lit up all of the windows in the cabins along the shore and reflected back into the sea...


It was truly one of the most beautiful ways to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment